Monday, August 15, 2011

Charlotte's Nursery

Color pallet. (Gray, light pink and white/off-white) I'd also like to make this elephant. And I want to use that same fabric (in pink or gray) to make sheets for the crib using this tutorial:

Would love to make some artwork like this, in my color pallet of course.

And something like this. I love working with buttons. I'm thinking a pink "C" on a gray background?


I'm leaning towards a more vintage looking crib like this one. Painted white probably.

Would love to do curtains like this. Either a white branch with gray curtains or vice versa.

Love the way the drawers of this dresser are painted in different shades of blue. Thinking of possibly doing something like that in different shades of pink or gray. Or just doing a plain white dresser with pink crystal knobs.

I made this using a quote from Phantom of the Opera which is where I first heard the name "Lotte" (we plan on using it as a nickname for Charlotte)

Would love a natural looking mobile to be something like this (using my colors again of course). The branches would also tie in with the curtain rod.

Love this idea. I would paint the baskets gray or white depending on the wall color and fill with stuffed animals or toys. Not books though, I really want to do a bookshelf. Maybe something like this...

...with pink in the back. I could even do something with a pattern (possibly like the pattern of the the elephants ear above?)
 So these are all things I'm leaning towards right now. Of course, also as of right now I don't know how much of a nursery she is going to have so we will just see how this all pans out. :)

All links to original pictures/posts can be found in my pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Soo cute Lauren! I have never seen the 5th picture before, but that's my crib! Even have the tissue balls hanging over it! Nurseries are so much more fun to do than "grown up" rooms. :) Can't wait to see yours! -Allison

    ReplyDelete